Now that your Christmas tree is securely tucked into storage, it is time to focus on love! Hearts, cupid, roses, poetry……and my personal favorite…..CHOCOLATE! I have never met a chocolate that I didn’t like!
Even better than chocolate is chocolate infused with my other true love: essential oils!
Your true love will swoon over these!
1 c. heavy whipping cream
12 oz. semi-sweet chocolate chips
½ c. bittersweet chocolate chips
5 Tbl. unsalted butter (softened)
Young Living Essential Oil (either Orange or Peppermint)-to taste
Powdered Sugar of Chocolate Shavings for dusting
1. Heat the whipping cream over a medium heat to a strong simmer.
2. Turn off the heat and add the chocolate chips. Stir until the chocolate chips are melted and the mixture is smooth.
3. In another bowl, whip the butter, sugar, and the Young Living essential oil of choice. If you choose orange, start with 10 drops of oil. If you choose peppermint, then start with 5 drops of oil. Add more if you want a stronger flavor.
4. Combine the chocolate with the sugar mixture. Use a hand mixture and combine until smooth and creamy.
5. Put the bowl in the fridge for 1-2 hours. Once it is firm, remove.
6. Using a melon ball scoop or cookie dough scoop, scoop balls onto foil or parchment paper.
7. Sprinkle with powdered sugar or chocolate shavings.
8. Refrigerate until ready to serve.